Dating is a process of choosing a mate, getting to know one another, and then deciding if you would like to establish a long-term relationship.
Along any part of the journey of dating there can be challenges. From the initial stages when you are going through the process of HOW to meet someone, navigating the dating process once you have met someone, and then deciding to make your relationship a more committed one, there can be challenges that cause anxiety and a feeling of being “stuck.”
It is when you are “stuck” at any of the above phases that working with a psychotherapist can help you discover why you are stuck, and assist you in achieving what you want in your dating life.
When you work with a therapist about the dating process, the therapist can help you look at patterns in your life, past relationships, how your values influence your choices, and how you can often short-circuit your own happiness and success in dating by not seeing your own part in the dating process. Working with your psychotherapist can help you gain insights into how to build stronger relationships.
Starting Therapy as you begin to date can help you with:
- How to choose people that are available
- How to see the red flags in the dating process
- Why you may be pushing your dates away
- How to speak about yourself on the online dating services
- How to handle the beginning of your dating relationship
- How to navigate the middle phase of dating
- How to move from dating to a more committed relationship